Fidonet Applications and Perl
The following is a sample listing of Fidonet related Software applications that can use or are already using Perl scripts.
- Fidogate (www.fidogate.org)
- An Fidonet - Internet gateway application which has an extensive set of Perl scripts associated with it.
- Fidogate (fidogate.sf.net) project at SourceForge
- A Russian version of the Fidogate (rusfidogate.sf.net) project at SourceForge
- HPT (husky.sourceforge.net/hpt.html)
- Highly Portable Tosser; part of the Husky project.
- Has an extensive set of Perl hooks built into it.
- BinkD is Fidonet mailer which is designed to operate over TCP/IP netowrks and now has an extensive set of Perl hooks built into it.
- A good information site for BinkD is at binkd.grumbler.org
- BBBS (www.bbbs.net)
- This is a BBS program that is available for many different platforms, and while it has it's own scripting language it can also be set up to use Perl.
- SynchroNet (www.synchro.net)